Weekes Engineering offers Hamilton engineering jobs for active individuals who can work within a varied work environment. You will not be doing the same thing each week. Project demands are varied and you must be able to adapt to changing needs, from client to client and project to project. If this is the kind of Hamilton engineering job you want, check out the current vacancies below:
Intermediate-Senior Engineer (P.Eng). (Mechanical / Building Science)
Vacancy: Intermediate – Senior Engineer P.Eng (Mechanical / Building Science)
Become part of a dedicated team, that works on complete projects from design concept to construction / commissioning to project closeout. Project tasks are direct with the client and the design & construction team where you get to see your works come to life. Direct mentorship in your career path, with a hands‐on training program and the ability to develop junior staff as part of the team.
Take pride in your works and see your efforts materialize, as you will be involved in the entire project cycle.
Company equity options are available for senior staff to earn into, for those seeking ownership share potential.
Scope of work
Projects to be involved with would include; Building Services, Mechanical Design (Plumbing, HVAC, Process), Flammable/Combustible Liquids & Combustible Dusts, Electrical / Emergency (building code building services with ASHRAE electrical & power), Life Safety, and regulatory investigation.
The work is highly varied and non‐repetitive.
Areas of practice include: Industrial, Commercial and Residential / Multi‐Unit Residential Buildings; Ontario Building Code Compliance, Fire Code Compliance, and Pre‐Start Safety Reviews (Industrial Hazardous Material Systems related to HVAC and Hazardous Materials). Clients vary from large multi‐national corporations, to one owner private buildings / projects.
- Lead design projects with the client and the internal design team.
- Manage the design project deliverables and design costs.
- Participate in project estimating, quoting, and design job financials.
- Work with the principal engineer at the company, in support of the project requirements.
- Investigate project design requirements, code / design aspects, apply requirements to a design.
- Complete independently ventilation (ASHRAE 62.1 / ACGIH), heat / loss gain calculations, HVAC duct design & equipment selection, Plumbing design, building energy works, and hazardous materials design/code analysis. Sealing of documents is required.
- Prepare plans and specifications for the project, typically for a permit application and/or for construction.
- Provide field reporting and general reviews for ongoing construction works.
- Communications with clients from initial project investigation to project completion.
- Coordinate with Municipalities regarding regulatory and permit works.
- Communicate and work with the Principal (P.Eng), Designers / EITs, Engineers and all stakeholders involved in the projects.
- Experience in applying codes / regulations applicable to a project. Specifically; OBC, OFC, ASHRAE 55 / 62.1 / 90.1, NPFA (30, 40, 55, 58, 80, 91, 96, 652, 654, 497, 499, and others) standards. Past course work in these areas is an asset.
- Experience in heat loss / gain calculations, energy calculations, duct sizing, pipe sizing, plumbing systems and specifications of building mechanical equipment.
- Author and seal specifications, calculations, drawings, field reports, letters and project reporting.
- Engage in numerous projects within a work week and manage multiple priorities.
- Be a self‐learner.
- Be able to complete assigned tasks within stipulated assigned timeframes and per client schedules.
- English communication at the Canadian University level both verbal and written is a must. IELTS score of 9 is required for non‐English native speakers.
- Functional in all MS Office suite software.
- Well versed in overall building design works and be proficient using AutoCAD 2D.
- Proficient in industry mechanical loading, sizing, and modelling software.
- At least 12 years full time experience in the Ontario building industry post‐graduation, in building design having sealed in calculations, HVAC / Plumbing / Building Services plans and specifications previously in Ontario. Minimum 6 years P.Eng.
- Must be licenced as a P.Eng. in Ontario.
- Must have on‐going education credits / courses in the building industry. Specifically; ASHRAE, NFPA and OBC training. Project management training completed previously is an asset.
- Those candidates with a track record on‐going education exceeding the PEO PEAK program, are favoured.
Career Development and Training
- Lead by example. BCIN registration with a category of qualification (Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing) is required to be completed by the candidate within the first several months. MMAH course manual completion and application of that knowledge is a minimum once at the position, on the employees’ time if the BCIN registrations are not already earned by the candidate at the time of hire. All junior staff that would be supervised are BCIN qualified.
- Self‐training for technical skills related to the position is a must. Materials for self‐learning will be made available.
- ASHRAE training is highly encouraged.
- Annual professional training is encouraged (portions of training are funded).
- The opportunity to grow in your applied knowledge and career development.
- Company equity options are available for senior staff to earn into, for those seeking ownership share potential. Details apply.
- You are responsible for your transportation to/from work each day.
- Parking is available at the office, without fee.
- A vehicle is required for site inspection / review works. Candidate must have their own independent transportation.
- Travel for work/project purposes is reimbursed.
Other Job Details
Looking for an active individual who can work within a varied work environment. You will not be doing the same thing each week. Project demands are varied and the individual must be able to adapt to the changing needs, from client to client and project to project.
This is an ideal position for a person who is able to learn fast, apply that knowledge, and be ready to learn again the next day.
Take pride in your works, from the start to the client hand‐over.
Apply to: careers -at- weekesengineering -dot- com